Reading for the Week of
Monday: Pearson: The Legend of the Lady Slipper
1. The World of the Storyteller
2. Comparative Endings
3. My Words to Know Vocabulary
4. Legend Anchor Chart
5. I'll read the selection to the children while they follow along.
Tuesday: Pegasus: Amelia Bedelia
1. Students will prepare a new folder and receive their new Amelia Bedelia book.
2. We'll discuss homophones and make a list.
3. I'll read "The King Who Rained" to the class.
4. Vocabulary for Amelia Bedelia
5. I'll read the book to the class with children following along.
Wednesday: Pearson: The Legend of the Lady Slipper
1. Students will read the story in Reading Circles.
2. Develop Vocabulary
3. Check for Understand Comprehension
4. Comparative Endings
5. Verbs: Past and Future Tense
Thursday: Pegasus: Amelia Bedelia
1. Students will read the book in Reading Circles.
2. Visualization, Blackline Master #3
3. Story Problem Notes, Blackline Master #4
Friday: Houghton/Mifflin: Big Bushy Mustache
1. Teacher Read Aloud
2. Reading Practice Pages for phonics and vocabulary
3. Students will read Big Bushy Mustache in Reading Circles
4. Leveled Readers
For truly I say to you, If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.'