Reading for the Week of
Tuesday: Pearson: "Our Traditions"
1. Cold Read Assessments for Unit 3, Week 5
2. Progress Check Ups for Unit 3, Week 5
3. Collect Amelia Bedelia folders and books.
Wednesday: Pegasus: "The Ugly Duckling"
1. Pass out folders and books and students illustrate folders.
2. Read "Beauty and the Beast" to the students. They will categorize the fairy tale and respond to it in their Fairy Tale Journals.
Thursday: Pegasus: "The Ugly Duckling"
1. Read "Hansel and Gretel" to students.
2. Students categorize it and respond to it in their Fairy Tale Journals.
3. Study vocabulary for pages 1-8 of "The Ugly Duckling"
4. Read pages 1-8 to the students.
5. Students reread pages 1-8 in their Reading Circles.
Friday: Houghton/Mifflin: "Officer Buckle and Gloria"
1. I'll read the story to the children.
2. Practice pages on vocabulary, phonics, and comprehension.
3. Students reread in Reading Circles
4. Leveled Readers
For truly I say to you, If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.'