Reading for the Week of October 18th:
Monday: Pearson: The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree
1. Circle of Seasons
2. Vowel Digraph /ie/
3. My Words to Know Vocabulary
4. Realistic Fiction Anchor Chart
5. I'll read the selection to the students with students reading along.
Tuesday: Pegasus: The Long Way to a New Land
1. Review comprehension of Chapter 1.
2. Students will write in their Yesterday Journals as if they are Carl Erik from Chapter 1.
3. Children will illustrate a three-part time line of the events in Chapter 1.
4. Writer's Workshop
Wednesday: Pearson: The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree
1. Students will read this selection in Reading Circles.
2. Develop Vocabulary
3. Check for Understanding
4. Understanding Setting and Plot
5. Spell Words with /ie/.
Thursday: Pegasus: The Long Way to a New Land
1. Make predictions about Chapter 2.
2. I'll read Chapter 2 to the students.
3. Students will reread in Reading Circles.
4. We'll write a new title for Chapter 2.
5. Writer's Workshop
For truly I say to you, If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.'